Dahlia Operations Coordinator – Dahlia Campus for Health and Well-Being
POSTION SUMMARY: Assist the Dahlia Campus Operations and Outreach team in all duties and functions, including but not limited to room reservations, kitchen maintenance and coordination, outreach, campus tours and events, correspondence and communications. Serves as backup when Site Coordinator and Outreach and Community Engagement Specialist are absent.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support Dahlia Campus community projects and events (eg. tours, community-oriented programs, farmer's markets, etc.)
- Manage administrative projects for Site Coordinator and Outreach and Community Engagement Specialist. Assist with maintenance of files and creation of systems to streamline Dahlia operations.
- Maintain Outlook calendar, tasks, and meetings and fulfill email requests as appropriate. Maintain accurate and timely communication.
- Complete requests for information from both community members, partner organizations, and administrative staff.
- Receive room reservations payments, prepare invoices and submit to Accounting. Provide backup coverage for the room reservation process.
- Develop and maintain tracking system for kitchen usage and orientation. Schedule and facilitate kitchen orientation and trainings.
- Create and update manuals and other policy and administrative documents related to the operations of Dahlia Campus.
- Assist with Volunteer Program as necessary
- Provide backup coverage to the Site Coordinator and Outreach and Community Engagement Specialist when these positions are on PTO, extended leave, in training, etc.
- Contact and schedule potential community partners to provide programming at Dahlia.
- Research outreach opportunities in NEPH and attendance of outreach events
- Assist with being point person with other departments within MHCD such as Facilities and Development.
- Serve as secretary to take minutes for some operational teams or committees. Keeping accurate meeting minutes, create agendas, keeping members on task with action items.
- Follow Organizational and departmental rules and guidelines.
- Organize, compose, and produce letters, memoranda, reports, and other documents, ensuring grammar, spelling, and punctuation are correct. Compose some routine correspondence. Generate and submit necessary reports.
- Complete requisitions for needed office supplies and equipment. Coordinate basic maintenance and janitorial needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned, based on site needs.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years administrative support or related position requiring customer service and community outreach experience, attention to details, and independent problem solving.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, and work proficiently with diverse populations, including interacting with MHCD consumers, Board and community members and organizational partners.
- Proficiency with Office 365 and Microsoft Office. Ability to develop proficiency in other applications such as SharePoint and project management or task tracking systems.
- Ability to write, edit, and proofread independently with excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and appropriate professional tone.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create systems.
- Adaptable. Able to balance priorities and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Work with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Strong work ethic reflecting accountability, responsiveness, and commitment to MHCD's mission.
- Able to answer questions and resolve problems quickly and professionally.
- Able to critically think through situations or circumstances that will allow you to work independently. Ability to resolve problems quickly and objectively.
- Bilingual Preferred
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top