Computer Help Desk Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Infrastructure Team at MHCD, this position will maintain, configure, install, and repair all computers and peripherals used by MHCD staff. Work with the System Admins, Network Engineer, Telecom Engineer and department managers on various assignments and projects to create and maintain an efficient, effective, and user-friendly environment for end-users of MHCD computer equipment. Position has highest level administrator security to oversee all network applications, including staff and consumer databases, accounting applications, payroll and human resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Provide technical operating assistance to 1000+ end users via phone and in person.
- Provide after-hours technical assistance on regular rotation with other IT staff.
- Escalate to Network Operations and Telecom any infrastructure related issues.
- Repair, maintain, upgrade and image computer equipment to minimize user downtime.
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process.
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms.
- Maintain and track inventory of all computer equipment, including the tracking of hardware deployment dates and other pertinent information.
- Respond to and track all Help Desk calls and assign Help Desk requests as necessary using Service Desk+ software.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Develop and update the computerized Solutions database using Service Desk + software.
- Perform research on best practices and state of the art technology advances to assure that the company is providing the best in equipment and support.
- Comply with and assist users in complying with MHCD policies, procedures, and standards applied to computers and peripherals.
- Assist users with ergonomic issues to promote comfort and prevent injury in using computers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor degree in computer science/related area. Technical school education and equivalent experience acceptable.
Experience: Four year’s minimum experience with a variety of compatible personal devices (Mac, Windows) in a network environment. Experience with Microsoft Office products including Office 365. Experience with computer hardware setup, repair and trouble shooting and experience in a cloud environment. Experience with Electronic Health Record is a plus.
Skills: Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for service orientation. Will have access to confidential and sensitive personnel, financial, and consumer information. Must have ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in these aspects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: PCs, laptops, tablets, iPads, Smart Phones, printers, copiers, faxes, etc.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching in a variety of environments. Requires lifting of computer equipment up to 50 lbs.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires 24/7 on-call hours of service on a rotating basis (approximately 1 week per month). Requires car and valid Colorado driver’s license.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top