POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Director of Compliance, this position is responsible for supporting Mental Health Center of Denver’s Compliance Program, with an emphasis on internal and external auditing activities. Design, plan, and conduct medical chart (i.e., electronic medical record) audits, as well as operational, compliance, and regulatory audits. Assist with other audit and compliance matters and projects, including development and implementation of an effective and comprehensive auditing and monitoring plan.
Salary Range: $55,000/yr. – $65,000/yr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct internal audits to determine if the organization is complying with its policies and procedures, statutory and regulatory requirements, and contractual obligations.
- Determine scope, objectives, approach, and time budget of audits.
- Identify areas for improvement, risks and how they impact the organization, and lost revenue opportunities.
- Prepare cohesive written reports documenting scope, objectives, procedures, findings, recommendations, comparisons, impacts, risks, and projections.
- Communicate audit results and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Follow up on open audit issues and manage action plans with business process owners to ensure timely closure and remediation of identified weaknesses.
- Assist in the development of educational and training presentations/modules to address deficiencies and risk identified through audits.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with colleagues on team and business and technology partners.
- Anticipate and manage obstacles, and formulate effective solutions. Inform manager of significant unexpected developments that impact performance and deadlines.
- Oversee external audits. Coordinate with external agencies and internal departments on documentation requests and submissions, preparing for audit onsite visits, and corrective action plan responses.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of compliance policies, forms, notices, and associated materials.EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree and certification required (e.g., CPMA, CPC, CHA, CHCA).EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of medical chart audit experience.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Knowledge of coding, documentation standards and guidelines, and billing and insurance claim filing (including Medicare and Medicaid).SKILL AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
- Successfully plan, organize, and manage audit projects.
- Perform multiple audits concurrently.
- Act as a team leader for small projects or work groups.
- Interact and provide feedback to program staff, clinical staff, and management.
- Ability to take a concept and develop or act upon it.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL REQIUREMENTS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top