Clinical Case Manager I/II - Various Teams
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
Meet one of our employees:
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive psychological and behavioral case management services within a continuum of high to low intensity services designed to improve or maintain each mental health consumer’s abilities to function in the community. Assesses, monitors, and follows up with consumer’s ability to meet basic needs in moving toward recovery. Responsible for all clinical documentation of consumer interaction. As a Clinical Case Manager you will be providing transportation the people we serve in your vehicle (additional cost of insurance reimbursed).
CMI - $19.49/hr. - $23.41/hr. (Bachelor’s degree)
CMII - $21.57/hr. - $25.90/hr. (Master’s Degree)
Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Help consumers in meeting basic needs for food, clothing, shelter, personal safety, and general medical and dental care, and assist them with applications for income, medical, housing, or other benefits which they may need and to which they are entitled. Identify consumers for whom establishment of a protective payee-ship is necessary and arrange this assistance.
- Ensure consumers access to needed services and community resources by arranging for transportation, or if necessary, by taking the consumers to the service in personal vehicle (business insurance on vehicle reimbursed by MHCD).
- Provide comprehensive psychosocial services that include and continuum of high and low intensity services designed to improve or maintain consumers’ abilities to function in normal social roles. These will include, but be limited to, services which:
- Help consumers evaluate both their strengths and symptoms, and facilitate in consumers setting their own goals, and plan for appropriate services;
- Guide and instruct consumers in daily living skills such as medication use, diet, exercise, personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, budgeting, housekeeping, use of transportation, and other community services;
- Help consumers develop social skills, interests, and leisure time activities to provide a sense of participation and personal worth, including opportunities for age appropriate, culturally appropriate daytime and evening activities;
- Help consumers find and make use of appropriate employment opportunities, vocational rehabilitation services, or supported work environments where appropriate;
- Assist consumers who need special living arrangements in locating a rehabilitative or supportive housing arrangement. The choices should be broad enough to allow each consumer and opportunity to live in an atmosphere offering the degree of support necessary, while also providing incentives and encouragement for consumers to assume increasing responsibilities for their lives;
- Offer support, assistance, consultation, and education to families, friends, landlords, employers, community agencies, and others who come into contact with consumers, in order to maximize benefits and minimize problems associated with the presence of these persons in the community;
- Identify and work with potential natural support systems such as neighborhood networks, churches, and community organizations.
- Make full utilization of the consumer’s support systems in order to encourage treatment program engagement.
- Reach out to program eligible consumers, inform them of and educate them about available services at MHCD and in the community.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
EDUCATION: Bachelor (CM I) or Master (CM II) Degree in psychology, social work, or other related human services degree.
EXPERIENCE: One year experience in mental health or human services preferred.
Must have valid Colorado Driver’s license and a recent clean driving record. Ability to transport the people we serve in your vehicle. Ability to obtain and carry Business Use coverage on your auto policy (additional cost is reimbursed).
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques. Understanding of consumer’s right to privacy and confidentiality (basic HIPAA principles).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work flexible hours which may be required.
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, maintain confidentiality, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Must have a clear understanding of HIPAA, confidentiality, personal boundaries and be self-assured in a variety of situations.
- Have the ability to de-escalate and remain calm.
- Someone who is energetic, with a positive and creative attitude is necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening hours.
Back to top