EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for MHCD’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://mhcd.org/workplace-of-choice/.
COVID-19 VACCINATION NOTICE: Covid19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption is required for employment/internships with the Mental Health Center of Denver. Applicants who are not vaccinated at the time of offer acceptance can ask for instructions on where to go to obtain vaccination or on how to request an exemption. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated (that is, at least two weeks past their final does of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof, or have an approved medical or religious exemption, on or before their start date.
Meet the Hiring Manager:
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide direct services, mental health assessments and treatment to consumers with severe and persistent mental illness.
NEW HIRE HOURLY RATE:
CMA - $18.34/hr - $22.01/hour
LPN - $24.75/hr - $29.12/hr
Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collect blood specimens and prepare them for lab work/testing.
- Interview consumers to obtain medical information.
- Measure vital signs: such as: pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height.
- Record consumers’ medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results into medical records.
- Communicate relevant medical information to medical and clinical staff as part of the treatment team.
- Coordinate medical care and intervention with staff and Psychiatrist.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, and crisis interventions.
- Provide medical case management as needed.
- Assist consumers with psychological, social development and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate medical care and intervention with staff and psychiatrist.
- Draw blood for lab work for consumers.
- Monitor consumers’ vital signs.
- Administer intramuscular medications.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing Lead Nurse and Program Manager.
CMA: Completion of educational program necessary to obtain a Medical Assistant diploma. Certification is required.
LPN: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. Licensed as a Practical Nurse in good standing with the Board of Nursing of the State of Colorado.
CMA: At least on year working a medical/clinic environment. Experience working in a community mental health center or within a mental health field is strongly preferred.
LPN: 1-3 years of experience working with consumers with a serious and persistent mental illness preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Theoretical and working knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Working knowledge of laboratory test results.
- Ability to assess crises situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- General knowledge of computer technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Flexible schedules such as four 8’s and a half day or four 10 hours days available. DAY HOURS