Bilingual Child and Family Case Manager I – Care Connector
POSITION SUMMARY: Work with a team of Early Childhood Mental Health Consultants to coordinate care and resources for children and families enrolled in child care centers in Denver that are served by the consultants.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Engage with families linking them to resources in the community.
- Establish relationships with families and child care centers to support the collaboration between the consultants, the centers and the families.
- Assist identified families in navigating services at the Mental Health Center of Denver.
- Provide education to families on basic child development including social and emotional development.
- Advocate for families using a strengths based, culturally competent approach.
- Assist consultants with parent and child care staff trainings as needed.
- Complete necessary documentation.
- Participate in team meetings, group and individual supervision.
- Requires ability to travel between multiple child care centers throughout Denver as needed.
- Provide other duties as assigned.
STARTING SALARY: $16.99/hr. – $20.41/hr.
Fluent Spanish language differential: $2.50/hr.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Work or other human service degree. English/Spanish bilingual required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience working with young children. Experience working in an early learning center preferred. Experience advocating for and linking families to community resources. English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to join with families in a strengths based, culturally competent manner.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Bilingual Spanish/ English required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top