Administrative Assistant – Wellshire Clinic
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide front desk, scheduling, administrative and medical record support to clinic teams at a site. Assist Front Office Managers, Program Managers, and Central Office benchmarks in all aspects of job as needed.
SALARY RANGE: $15.40/hr. – $18.49/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create a positive experience for consumers and guests through professional conduct and customer service at the front desk. Ensure front desk and lobby are aesthetically pleasing, safe, and friendly for all guests.
- Receive and screen clinic telephone communications ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate destination in a timely fashion.
- Maintain Outlook calendar, tasks, and meetings and fulfill email requests as appropriate.
- Accurately schedule consumer appointments with psychiatrists, nurses and other clinical staff. Input and extract data from the appointment scheduling system.
- Check-in consumers at each visit. Verify demographic and insurance information and collect co-pays. Understand insurance and accounts receivable information to maintain minimal consumer balances.
- Maintain each consumer's HIPAA rights, and other protections of confidentiality and privacy.
- Read, understand, and excel in procedures for maintaining consistent standards of the paper and electronic medical record (EMR), which is outlined in the HISM manual and in the monthly eCET updates.
- Ensure prompt, accurate, and efficient handling of documents for filing and scanning: items such as consumer identification, medical record number, team number, and general status of treatment. Make sure consumer records are accurate and complete.
- Complete requests for information from both clinical and administrative staff.
- Follow organizational and departmental rules and guidelines.
- Organize, compose, and produce letters, memoranda, reports, and other documents, ensuring grammar, spelling, and punctuation are correct. Compose some routine correspondence. Generate and submit necessary reports.
- Arrange transportation authorizations and the transportation for dependent clients.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Copy/scan/fax information as required.
- Complete requisitions for needed office supplies and equipment. Coordinate basic office maintenance and janitorial needs.
- In Front Office Managers absence, provide for coordination of clinic needs and program. Perform a variety of administrative duties in order to ensure smooth running of the clinic.
- Perform other duties as assigned, based on individual site needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years Administrative Assistant experience. Health clinic and/or human services background preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency with software applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Intermediate understanding of computer language and functionality.
- Ability to type 60 wpm.
- Must develop proficiency in scheduling and electronic health record systems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create systems.
- Knowledge and use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and word definitions. Communicate in a positive manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to critically think through situations or circumstances that will allow you to work independently. Ability to resolve problems quickly and objectively.
- Strong work ethic reflecting accountability, responsiveness, and commitment to MHCD's mission.
- Must be able to work well with consumers who have mental illness. Must be able to work with a diverse population.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach,, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top