Accounting Assistant – Part Time (20 hours a week)
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for processing Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable functions including vendor and contractor payments; and payroll directed transactions.
SALARY RANGE: $16.00/hr. – $19.00/hr. Based on Experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Date stamp incoming mail on a daily basis to ensure timeliness.
- Code and enter invoices.
- Match all purchase orders with invoices.
- Verify invoice approvals and payroll deduction payments (including garnishments, and employee authorized deductions).
- Respond to staff and vendor questions regarding payments.
- Print computerized checks and type manual checks as needed.
- Maintain vendor payment schedules and vendor payment files.
- Meet monthly closing timetable to ensure all invoice are entered by the deadline.
- Reconcile vendor statements against MHCD records.
- Prepare year-end 1099 forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Minimum of high school diploma or equivalency; prefer Associate's Degree in Accounting.
EXPERIENCE: Five years accounting-related experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Practical knowledge of accounting theories and practices.
- Familiarity with Windows spreadsheets and Echo accounting computer software.
- Ability to process accessible confidential information without divulging employee or company data.
- Ability to handle responsibilities independently, with a minimum of supervision.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top