Access Clinician Level II – Licensed
POSITION SUMMARY: Answer phones and screen calls for eligibility for services and provide referrals. Complete Behavioral Health Assessment face to face with the consumer.
LPC/LMFT: $23.49 - $28.17/hr.
LCSW: $24.86/hr. - $29.81/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answer phones from the community
- Look up consumer information on multiple computer platforms
- Schedule intake appointments in the Electronic Medical Record
- Understand multiple insurance coverage for Behavior Health
- Call social workers at hospitals after fax referrals have been received
- Refer consumers to other mental health providers in the community
- Coordinate scheduling appointments with team members
- Phone screening and documenting the screening
- Provide Behavior Health Assessment including a provisional diagnosis
- Complete 30 day treatment plans
- Some driving to hospitals with in Denver county
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Master's degree in psychology, social work or other related human services degree.
EXPERIENCE: One year experience working with severe and persistently mentally ill people. A mental health license LCSW, LPC, LMFT or be eligible for licensure within 3 months.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Great customer service.
- A calm and assuring voice on the phone.
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations on the phone and intervene appropriately.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with DSM-5.
- When needed, putting consumers on a 72 hour hold.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40lbs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top