Unit Assistant - MSK Monmouth
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We believe that acting as a liaison between patients, guests, and Memorial Sloan Kettering staff is an important role with significant impact on the patient experience. As a Unit Assistant you will ensure the accuracy and timely implementation of orders, the coordination of services, and responsiveness to patient inquiries in a professional manner. You have experience working with complementary teams, possess strong critical thinking skills, take an analytical approach to problem solving and proven ability to exhibit initiative.
Join our team where everyone plays a meaningful role in the fight against cancer. Are you searching for your life's calling? Making a difference in the lives of others, there is no greater vocation.
- Respond to patient inquires and requests by providing great customer service and coordinating with Memorial Sloan Kettering staff
- Handle stressful situations and think on your feet to solve problems efficiently using good judgment and knowledge of internal systems and protocols
- Multitask and partner with clinical staff to ensure patients' needs are addressed efficiently
- Maintain a positive attitude and considerate demeanor when partnering with patients and the clinical team
- Play a vital role when providing administrative support to the entire unit
- An effective communicator, able to figure out how best to reach difference audiences
- Excited to work as part of a care-giving, patient-centered team, capable of building strong relationships and delivering patient-centric solutions
- A problem-solver, eager to take initiative in new situations and take on tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- A High School diploma or equivalent education (required) OR Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Superb communication, organizational, and intermediate computer skills.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a secretary or Medical Assistant in a health-care setting.
- Fulltime hours: 8 hour shifts flexible between 6am and 7pm, Monday through Friday - future expansion of hours.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top