Technology Architect II
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Please note that effective July 1, 2021, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Join MSK’s API Platform and Integrations team as we meet the challenge of cancer care as it defines a new model of care in the digital age. The API Platform and Integrations team will enable our toolmakers to meet this challenge.
The candidate will plan, design, and build an API connecting to backend services. A good understanding of API design and lifecycle management as we take it from design, creation, management, versioning, deprecation, and retirement is required. In addition, a deep understanding of API Security and authentication models.
The API Integration Architect will also push our integration practice to the next level, focusing on contributing to and extending our integration platforms, enabling MSK to execute its vision for leading cancer care in the new digital age. Are you up for
What you'll do:
- Will architect and develop APIs connecting to backend services or creating an API from scratch. Ability to use design first approach to APIs regardless of what the backend system is producing.
- Create not just low-level APIs but higher levels APIs that encapsulate and abstract complexity for the consumers.
- Continue improving our APIs, their documentation, ease of integration and driving towards self-service, auto-provisioning and automation.
- Partner with technical teams, serving as their primary technical point of contact during integration.
- Design, architect and build and maintain the integration engine and its connections to downstream systems.
- Identify and seize opportunities to standardize integration solutions and fully lever third party products, platforms and vendors.
- Maximize our clients and partners time to market and utility of our products, services and systems
- Present and lead discussions at Application Developer Communities of Practice meetups.
- Collaborates in an agile team with API Developers, Architects and Engineers.
Who you are:
- Developer or Architect with previous experience building APIs with a thorough understanding of API design principals. Hands on experience with XML, YAML, XSLT, JSON and Swagger Definition files.
- Well-versed in API Security and different authentication models including SAML, OAuth 2.0 & OIDC.
- Good understanding of integration and architecture. Experience with system integration and when to use what patterns of integration.
- Exposure to queues and KAFKA Event streaming is a plus.
- Experience in AWS or Azure Cloud development & deployment models and architecture with CI/CD exposure.
- Experience using different scripting languages and comfortable working in both Linux & Windows OS systems.
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top