Technologist III - Part Time
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We’re taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
We are currently seeking Lab Technologist III with experience in Chemistry.
For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
- Perform technical duties in all laboratory sections, with minimal supervision, as assigned.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files.
- Performs routine and advanced equipment maintenance.
- Create neat, accurate, well-formatted documents.
- Contribute to upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assure a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage the physical environment of the laboratory in accordance with New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned.
- Oversees activities of assigned shift/area. Performs special assignments, as directed.
- Monitor Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Safety and Inspection Control practices to assure compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Ensure smooth workflow, and demonstrate decision-making abilities in all aspects of performance in support of the Department.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Lab Sciences or Medical Technology required.
- 6+ years of clinical laboratory experience (5+ years required with a relevant Masters) required
- A current New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License required
- ASCP preferred
- 18.75 hours per week = 37.5 hours biweekly
- Monday through Friday with weekend and holiday rotation
- Days and/or Evenings (but Friday Evenings is Required)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top