- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the Department and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to develop further the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists and technicians, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors. Our experts also play a vital role in clinical research through contributions we make to the development of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms.
We are currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Technologist I to join our Clinical Chemistry Laboratory.
- Perform technical duties in all laboratory sections, with minimal supervision, as assigned.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files.
- Prepare results for analysis and enter test results into the computer, with minimal supervision.
- Create neat, accurate, well-formatted documents.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures. Perform routine and advanced equipment maintenance.
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assure a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on all laboratory procedures, as assigned. Train other technologists in a specialty area.
- Oversee activities of assigned shift/area. Perform special assignments as directed.
- Manage the physical environment of the laboratory following New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations
- Perform supervisory duties as necessary, such as STAT result review, oversight of workflow, and assay development.
- Ensure smooth workflow and demonstrate decision-making abilities in all aspects of performance in support of the Department.
- Participate in equipment maintenance and troubleshooting of the Protein electrophoresis area.
- Assist laboratory management to set-up new instrumentation, as well as to establish and optimize operational protocols.
- Bachelor's degree (Medical Technology, Biology, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences) required
- A current New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License
- 0-2 years of clinical laboratory experience
- Monday to Friday Evenings (4 PM to 12 AM). Rotating Weekends and Holidays.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top