Supervisor, Plant Operations
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking a Supervisor of Offsite Plant Operations who will lead and guide the administrative and technical activities of the Plant Operations shop to ensure efficient and effective operations, quality service and customer satisfaction. The Plant Operator Supervisor will operate and maintain physical plant machinery and equipment in accordance with required engineering practice.
- Staff Management: Lead and guide the function and activities of the employees in the Plant Operations Shop. Participate in hiring, training, orienting, providing ongoing feedback and contributes to the performance appraisal process. Respond to employee questions and provides guidance on how to proceed.
- Operations Management: Monitor quality of work in progress to ensure that established time frames are met. Report on progress to management. Communicate and ensures compliance to institutional/departmental policies, procedures, quality standards and improvement initiatives, safety standards, and OSHA requirements.
- Inspection/Testing: Inspect and test emergency power systems and all other plant machinery and equipment to ensure the safe and efficient operation.
- Operate, repair, replace, maintain and install parts of physical plant machinery and equipment (e.g., heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems, and medical support equipment) in the hospital and all other facilities. Read, interpret and record all systems data. Correct abnormal environmental and systems conditions (e.g., temperature variations, loss of utilities, steam and water pressures, quality variances in water systems).
- Minimum Education: High school, vocational trade school or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: Sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non-routine difficulty with minimal supervision.
- New York City G17 (use of piped O2/N02 in hospital), NYC Refrigeration Operators, NYC G35 (operate air compressors), NYC G48 (use and storage of cryogenic liquid /gases) licenses are required.
- NYC Standpipe and Sprinkler Certificate, New York State Pesticide Applicator Certificate required.
- Experience sufficient to work independently and perform all the functions of the position with general direction (minimum 3 years experience).
- Ability to use various hand and power tools, rigging equipment, instruments such as pressure gauge testing devices, manometers, air/water flow meters, pneumatic instrumentation calibration and testing equipment, pyrometers, steam trap analyzers, heat flow sensors and tachometers
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top