Supervisor, Environmental Services - Main Campus
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Environmental Services Supervisor
As one of the world's premier cancer centers, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs.
Service is at the heart of everything we do at MSKCC. All of our employees deliver first-class service to our patients. The Environmental Services Department plays a significant role in providing a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for patients, staff, and visitors which supports the Center’s mission of delivering high-quality patient care.
The Environmental Services Supervisor, under the direction of the shift Manager, ensures the department consistently provides efficient and effective high quality environmental services. The supervisor’s primary responsibility is to practice dynamic supervision of the operations by engaging, leading and supporting staff. The ideal candidate for this position is a professional committed to excellence, partnership and performance improvement who has the technical expertise and leadership ability to help the department achieve its vision of being a leader in its industry.
- Staff Supervision: Directs and supervises activities of staff in assigned area. Orients, trains, and evaluates the performance of staff.
- Operations: Supervises area operations and prioritizes workflow to meet the needs of the department and ensure efficient and financially sound operations.
- Supply Management: Ensures sufficient supplies are available to meet the needs of the department.
- Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance: Monitors and enforces compliance to departmental standards and regulatory requirements.
- Performance Improvement: Participates in operational performance improvement initiatives and engages in professional development activities
- Administrative Functions : Prepares payroll, places orders, maintains all records, prepares corrective actions documents
- High School diploma or relevant equivalent experience
- Four (4) years working as a Lead
- Six (6) years of Environmental Service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Environmental Services Equipment Operation
- Basic knowledge of computers operations.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations
- Must be able to stand, walk and/or continuously move around; ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry heavy objects (20lbs or more) without the aid of physical devices. Visual ability to monitor instructions and computers, distinguish characters (letters, numbers) observe physical characteristics.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts as per department need
- Able to work weekends when necessary
- Evenings: 4:30pm to 12:30 am
Knowledge of computers applications : Outlook , Word, Excel, Power point
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top