Supervisor, Clinical Data Specialist
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK's growing HIM team is seeking a Supervisor, Clinical Data Specialist. The Supervisor will have the opportunity to oversee a team of Inpatient Medical Coders and serve as a resource for staff and new employees.
- Manage and respond to daily workload requirements to ensure accurate and timely completion of work according to departmental policies, procedures and standards, JCAHO regulations and NY State and Federal regulations.
- Monitor daily productivity, prepare reports and submit to your Manager within established timeframes.
- Monitor coder performance by reviewing visits for coding accuracy and quality to ensure that departmental standards as well as standards established by Regulatory agencies are met.
- Gather, analyze and organize information to identify and resolve problems, identify trends and prevent recurrences.
- Participate in the selection of qualified candidates; implement orientation and training plans and monitor employee progress.
- Direct and supervises activities of staff in assigned area. Hires, orients, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff. Provide guidance, feedback and opportunities for development, as appropriate.
- Provides on-going education to coding staff.
- Work with departments, including Patient Accounts and Physician Billing in order to provide coding expertise.
- A Bachelor's degree and/or RHIA/RHIT or Coding Credential and/or 5 years relevant experience.
- A minimum 5 years coding experience.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in an automated health care environment is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS and/or Evaluation/Management coding, anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top