Strategic Sourcing Manager
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are excited to build out a team of Strategic Sourcing Managers under the Director of Strategic Sourcing. The Nursing Strategic Sourcing manager will be responsible for understanding the dynamics of MSK’s spend and business operations, the supply market, and industry changes. He or She will manage a team assigned to a commodity that identifies project opportunities that offer cost savings/efficiencies, and utilizes the knowledge captured, to determine the sourcing events the organization should pursue while promoting the appropriate sourcing strategy to the organization.
For this position, it is critical that our candidates' have a nursingexperience/degree or clinical knowledge to support our dynamic team.
- Identify sourcing opportunities/projects by analyzing spend data, market changes, best practices, changes to vendor capabilities and technological advancement/ improvements that offer savings
- Negotiate and develops contract terms and conditions that offer the best value, minimizes risk to MSKCC and are consistent with service level expectations of the internal client and the statement of work defined for the competitive bid process
- Lead the planning, coordination, and completion of assigned tasks for assigned projects; serves as a liaison between management and vendors
- Direct and supervises activities of staff in assigned area
- Assign staff members to assist with sourcing projects based on skills and experience for the commodity group assigned
- Validate vendor capabilities, financial stability and standing in the market; conducts vendor reviews and reports on vendor performance; and assists with resolving vendor issues/disputes
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear, or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Nursing degree or MBA/MHA preferred
- 1 year in a sourcing capacity preferred
- Experience in Nursing inventory and supplies (medical/surgical)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Meet Some of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's Employees
Miguel B.Lead Software Engineer
Miguel provides insight on the data collected from all cancer research, ensuring every product in the hospital is backed by data science.
Back to top