Sr Systems Analyst/Developer - Health Informatics
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Health Informatics @ MSK
The Division of Health Informatics at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center manages clinician and patient-facing health information technology, including the institutional electronic health record, ancillary clinical systems, and tools that enable decision support, health information exchange, knowledge management, and patient engagement. Beyond working with the technology itself, we aim to understand the people who use it and the processes affected by its implementation. We empower our clinicians and patients with tools that support the best outcomes, and we support our researchers in their efforts to forge new territory in precision oncology. We evaluate our interventions to prove that the work we are doing is impactful, and we weigh costs and benefits to measure value and prioritize future initiatives.
MSK has developed and implemented numerous patient-facing Informatics solutions. Significant growth in these areas is anticipated in the coming years including expansions of existing systems, as well as deployments of new solutions.
MSK is seeking a Sr. Systems Analyst/Developer to join our dynamic Health Informatics team. In this role, the Sr. Systems Analyst/Developer maintains and supports the implementation and ongoing operation of clinical systems used by the department of Health Informatics, primarily focusing, but not limited to, the domains of Patient Engagement & Patient Generated Health Data (PGHD): MSK Engage (patient-reported outcomes tool), MyMSK (patient portal application), and Validic data aggregator (PGHD from devices and wearables).
- Support the Health Informatics PGHD applications, ongoing maintenance, upgrades, enhancements, interfaces and integration with existing and new systems, including supporting go-live activities in clinical settings;
- Work directly with clinical/business users of the PGHD application conducting field observations and informational sessions to educate around these systems capabilities and understand needs while being able to provide workflow recommendations and best practices;
- Create and maintain documentation for workflow, operating procedures, quality control and system administration;
- Monitor all activities associated with the daily operation and data reporting of all systems within Health Informatics’ scope of Patient Engagement and Patient Generated Health Data to ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy;
- Implement data quality activities, data analysis & advanced visualization, to meet the needs of the Institution in supporting and enhancing the PGHD portfolio and its use in clinical decision support;
- Develops, maintains, and expands functionality of existing PGHD infrastructure;
- Effectively initiate customized dashboards to analyze and visualize data as necessary to fulfill operational, research and regulatory data requirements. Communicate findings effectively with clinical/operational teams, facilitating sense-making of PGHD.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences, especially clinicians, and executing communications based on that understanding
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- An individual with strong analytical aptitude, capable of understanding data and using data to tell a story
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Motivated by the idea of improving the lives of patients with cancer and supporting the work for those who provide their care
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- Solid experience with programming, modifying, customizing, and querying database systems required (Python, R, SQL)
- Healthcare or Information Systems equivalent experience preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top