Sr. Research Assistant
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As a Research Assistant you will assist in performing research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science based projects. You will independently design, plan, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement. The Senior Research Assistant will maintain a high level of expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and implement a quality assurance plan, as well as participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Conducts a wide variety of experimental tests for Investigators’ by developing new research methods or improving existing ones as needed.
- Ensures laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies for research experiments are prepared for testing
- Work will involve tissue processing, tissue cutting, histology, tissue imaging, microscopy and image analysis
- Responds to and produces reports comprising protocols and workflow details as requested by the laboratory head and members of the research team
- Responsible for scheduling staff and ensuring timeliness of work; may contribute to the performance appraisal process; may direct technician/clinical staff in the conduct of lab experimentation including operation of lab equipment
- Monitors inventory using quality-control mechanisms and documentation.
- Bachelors Degree in Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 5-7 years of work experience in a Biological Laboratory Environment or Masters Degree in Sciences with 3-5 years of relevant experience. Experience with immunology work is preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top