Sr Data Engineer
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As part of MSK's new and exciting digital transformation, we are hiring enthusiastic data engineers to build and deliver a one-of-a-kind data facility. You'll have the chance to work with clinicians and researchers to achieve the goal of translating institutional information into meaningful insights in order to improve patient care, hospital operations, and clinical research.
About us - Enterprise Data Group:
We develop and maintain one of the most robust oncology data ecosystems in all of healthcare. The integration of clinical, genomic, operational, and financial datasets has led to countless insights, but we are just beginning to capture the full value of our unstructured, streaming, and imaging data, by way of creating a unique and unprecedented healthcare data platform.
This data platform will be a combination of cloud and on-prem technologies and will be built on state-of-the-art architecture that includes APIs, object stores, data streaming, image processing, DBMS pipelines and data warehousing technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Participating in full SAFe development life cycle i.e. performing analysis, designing, building, releasing, and maintaining data pipelines for ingestion and propagation of imaging, genomic, and clinical data
- Working collaboratively on an agile product team with architects, engineers, scrum masters, product owners, and business owners
- Developing APIs and data pipelines to build UDF
- Crafting efficient and reusable modularized components that drive complex applications
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior colleagues and new team members
Our ideal candidate is:
- A senior-level data engineer with a vast understanding of data warehouses, experience developing software and data infrastructure, eager to learn new technologies and communicate ideas
- Passionate about data and creating new solutions to empower cancer care and research
- Strong knowledge of SQL, programming languages, ETL tools and their administration, and exposure to relational/non-relational databases
- Bonus: familiar with Cloud providers and Knowledge agile methodologies i.e. SAFe a strong plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We belive in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) and/or start the process with a tech assessment, max 1 hr online -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting you soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top