Senior Research Scientist - Dr. Andrew Kung Lab
- New York, NY
A senior research scientist position is available at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for highly motivated candidates with a wide experience in molecular and cellular biology applied to cancer research. The laboratory headed by Dr. Andrew Kung, located in the Mortimer B. Zuckerman Research Center, focuses on translational research with the overarching goal of credentialing new therapeutic targets, identifying molecular biomarkers of response, and validating targeted therapeutic strategies for pediatric malignancies.
The ideal candidate should have:
- High proficiency in a variety of molecular and cellular biology techniques
- Strong fundamental knowledge of cancer genetics and epigenetics
- Experience with next generation sequencing (WGS, RNAseq, ChIP-seq), gene editing (CRISPR), and/or mouse cancer models (transgenic or xenograft models) including prior cancer biology research experience
- A PhD or MD/PhD
- A Publication record, including first author peer-reviewed publications
- Abilty to think creatively and independently and bring a highly motivated, enthusiastic attitude towards science
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a variety of translational projects related to our recently developed Pediatric Translational Medicine Program which utilizes genomic information from a patient’s tumor to guide future therapies
- Be expected to contribute and continue to expand upon ongoing projects aimed to validate novel therapeutic candidates identified through loss of function screenings and integrative system biology approache
Interested candidates should include a synopsis of previous research experience (1 page), a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (1 page), a detailed CV, and contact information of three references with your application.
Back to top