Senior Network Engineer
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is transforming and modernizing its network architecture and we are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. We are looking for the right candidate who can develop, support, and troubleshoot complex network infrastructure designs, including hybrid cloud integration, virtualization, and security segmentation. This position will also provide advanced network service support to end users and IT operations personnel.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has the right skills and wants to be part of a dynamic team with opportunities to work on cutting-edge technologies that support the incredible mission here at MSK.
- Actively participate in the development of Enterprise network design with a focus on fault tolerance, security, and high-availability spanning multiple high performance computing clusters, data centers and private/public/hybrid cloud architectures
- Deploy, maintain, and continually optimize network and firewall configurations for the on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise for organizational projects, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical network performance and security issues and closely coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively analyze existing network and application architectures and behaviors to identify improvements to better support strategic initiatives
- Produce documentation for networks and operational standard methodologies and procedures for the network and security teams
- A strong, confident communicator with project coordination skills who can lead and collaborate with other IT engineers and operation support individuals across various disciplines
- A team player who thrives off of collaborative efforts, continuous self-improvement, and enjoys learning from and sharing knowledge with others
- Flexible to work after hours and weekends when required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology with 5+ years of related experience.
- A solid networking (routing and switching) foundation, with an in-depth understanding of network protocols and applications, such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SSL/TLS/Encryption, Multicast, SNMP, Netflow, etc.
- Professional experience implementing and supporting cloud services (AWS and Azure), modern data center architectures, Software Defined Networks (SDN) with a broad knowledge of current IT infrastructure and cloud services trends
- Strong background in data center networking technologies like Cisco VPC, Spine-Leaf designs, OTV and VXLAN layer2 extensions, EVPN, etc. Familiarity with Arista EOS and CloudVision is strongly preferred.
- Experience with configuring and managing Palo Alto firewalls via Panorama, on-premises and in cloud environments, including AWS and Azure
- Solid understanding of virtual hypervisors, server hardware technologies, SAN and NAS and other storage technologies, Active Directory, Linux/Unix, and load-balancers (F5, Citrix, etc).
- Strong troubleshooting and performance analysis skills using packet capture and sniffer tools (wireshark, tcpdump, Extrahop, etc).
- Scripting experience in Python (or similar languages), to facilitate automation and troubleshooting; experience using RESTful API's to query supported applications
- Intermediate and advanced level certifications that demonstrate knowledge of network and security concepts (e.g., CCNP, CISSP, PCNSE, AWS-CSA, etc) are a plus.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top