Senior Director - Patient Communications
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you looking for your next career challenge? We are excited to be recruiting a Senior Director of Integrated Marketing, Patient Communications and Engagement who is passionate about keeping patients at one of the nation’s leading cancer centers engaged and informed, from the pre-patient stage through survivorship. The incumbent will be a key member of the Editorial & Content Strategy team, helping to engage MSK’s entire stakeholder community through various integrated channels.
Reporting to our VP, Editorial & Content Strategy, you will:
- Develop and implement integrated marketing and communications strategies to engage MSK’s diverse patient audience with timely information, relevant content and programming, and convenient, consistent updates.
- Work collaboratively across Marketing & Communications and the broader institution to optimize the patient experience throughout all communications touchpoints; regularly audit and evaluate external patient-facing communications, from website content to print publications to secure patient care messages, etc.
- Consider all stages of the patient experience, from pre-patient to active treatment and survivorship, fostering strong engagement at each step.
- Oversee content strategy across several patient-facing channels, including emails, text messaging, direct mail, MSK’s proprietary patient portal MyMSK, and select content on MSKCC.org .
- Regularly audit, evaluate, and evolve the Patient Handbook.
- Draw on all Marketing & Communications capabilities to create new ways to keep our patients engaged and informed
- Partner with Patient and Caregiver Engagement colleagues to create messaging campaigns and content which is consistent in style and voice across channels and considers literacy levels to ensure maximum reach and impact. Develop a linking strategy for digital content.
- Incorporate MSK’s commitment to Equality, Diversity, & Inclusion and Health Equity in all patient-facing touchpoints; ensure that these values are authentically incorporated throughout the patient experience.
- Partner with Marketing & Technology Operations to provide input and patient-centric perspective to digital personalization and automation initiatives that impact the patient experience.
- 10-15+ years of well-rounded experience with patient-facing communications and engagement, internal and external communications, Customer Relations Management, owned and paid marketing channels, brand strategy, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills; executive presence.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the healthcare industry, cancer care, research, and education, and MSK’s mission. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Experience in complex and multi-faceted organizations with diverse, multi-cultural stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and apps.
- Comfort with digital marketing and communications tools, including CRM platforms, organic and paid social, and basic content management systems.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top