Respiratory Therapist III
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking an experienced Respiratory Therapist to render respiratory therapy to patients as ordered by a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner. You will also consult with other health care practitioners in the management or prevention of cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Able to problem solve operational, personnel, and patient issues
- Highly motivated and able to motivate and work well with others; able to adapt to constantly changing environment
- Someone who has excellent communication skills and who supports the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Someone who can follow through on commitments and who acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- Team focused and collaborate with other disciplines in the coordination of patient care.
- Render respiratory therapy to patients as ordered by a physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner.
- Consult with and aide other health care practitioners in management or prevention of cardiopulmonary disorders, with minimal supervision.
- Assess patient’s condition and follow up to ensure appropriateness of therapy.
- Instruct and participate in the orientation of new employees.
- Educate patients and their families regarding respiratory treatment/therapy.
- Assist in providing education to other disciplines regarding respiratory therapies and modalities.
- An Associate's Degree in Applied Science and Respiratory Therapy.
- A current NY State Respiratory Therapist License.
- Current NBRC Credential as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- BLS required, ACLS preferred.
- Preferably Pediatric/PICU experience.
- Certification of fitness from the NYCFD preferred.
Hours of work:
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 3, 12 hour shifts. Will work a compressed working week, flex time over three days.
- Will be required to work rotating weekends and holidays.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top