At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Precision Pathology Biobanking Center (PPBC) is a newly established research center at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. A central pillar of the Center is the collection, database annotation, and banking of human biospecimens. Our team of biobanking professionals procures surgical and biopsy research samples from over 8,000 patients per year. Our samples are a key prerequisite for high-impact cutting-edge basic, translational, and clinical trial research at MSK.
We are looking to recruit highly motivated Research Technician/Assistant to join our active high-volume tissue and body fluid biobanking team.
- Processes human surgical specimens in timely fashion and following specific SOP and individual protocol requirements
- Ideal for highly motivated individuals with opportunity for academic development, individual research projects, and growing responsibilities
- Highly collaborative environment with physicians, scientists, technologists, and comutational/database specialists
- Extracts relevant clinical information and enters data in biospecimen databases
- Works with surgical pathology prosecting teams to procure tissue
- Helps develop novel protocols for rapid, high-quality specimen procurement
- Independently designs, plans, and sets up new protocols for biospecimen collection and processing
- Participates in Center Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities
- Works with the Center’s IT team to improve and implement biobanking software solutions
- Uses database tools to query and retrieve inventory
- Works well in a large team and communicates well
- Bachelor or Masters in relevant scientific field (biochemistry, molecular biology, premed, pharmacology, anatomy/physiology, or related fields) with at least 5 years of work experience in a biological laboratory environment required
- Medical graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology and experience with medical records is a plus.
- Comfortable with computer use (especially databases); some coding/programming experience/interest and interest in biostatistics/bioinformatics ideal
- Formal licensing as a clinical technician is not required
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top