Research Project Associate
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking a Project Associate for the PCCTC (Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium).
- Manage ongoing departmental projects and build processes to ensure that goals are met.
- Assist with high-level department projects requiring data management support; provide data entry solutions as needed.
- Provide leadership and/or organizational, creative, or clerical support to established and new research initiatives.
- Ensure that all appropriate institutional, state, and federal regulations are followed in conducting a research project, throughout database construction, or in carrying out a research protocol.
- Track the progress of investigator-initiated projects throughout the life cycle of the project and assist in the procurement and processing of specimens, as needed.
- Use appropriate methods to collect patient/human subject information for a research project, database, and/or protocol.
- Extract, compile, and analyze data, and generate reports to all necessary parties on the progress or results from the research project, database, or protocol, as needed.
- Communicate with staff at all levels (principal investigators, clinical, and research support staff).
- Act as a technical liaison between clinicians, data managers, and clinical research support staff providing expertise to facilitate project delivery.
- Assist in problem-solving and issue resolution using appropriate testing and troubleshooting techniques, and serve as an escalation point and subject matter expert to resolve complex issues.
- Perform regular audits to ensure that collected data is complete and accurate and that the research project was carried out as outlined.
- Participate in or coordinate both interdepartmental and intra-departmental organization-wide research projects as required. Participate in special projects and task forces as determined by management.
- At least 3 years of relevant (clinical or genomic research) experience
- Must be able to work independently, be flexible, and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in genomic analysis, clinical research, and/or other applicable research investigation. Relevant graduate work would be considered in lieu of minimum experience.
- Microsoft applications, database knowledge a plus.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the regulations pertaining to human subject protection (including 21 CFR and 45 CFR 46 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top