Research Project Associate
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment.
We are seeking a Research Project Associate to join the Precision Interception and Prevention (PIP) Program within the Collaborative Research Centers. You will be responsible for all database management for PIP-sponsored research, as well as consenting to IMPACT/biospecimen protocols. You will work with several DMTs as many of the projects are pan-cancer. If you are an organized clinical research professional with strong communication skills and enjoy a variety of projects, apply today!
- Manage ongoing and new program projects and create processes to ensure that goals are met.
- Create and maintain excel databases for protocols, including pulling clinical data from EMR as well as sample level data from a variety of platforms such as the cbio portal.
- Track and maintain data on IMPACT and other biospecimen protocols for assigned PIP-projects.
- Assist with sample collection and biospecimen protocols.
- Work closely with biostatisticians and other departments on data cleaning and abstract/manuscript publication.
- Develop new workflows in facilitating specimen collection and transport.
- Serve as the primary contact for all levels of staff regarding data administration matters as they relate to the databases.
- Generate reports to all necessary parties on the progress of the research project, database, or protocol.
- Compile and analyze data for abstracts, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) with 1-4 years of clinical research experience
- Experience with building and managing databases preferred
- Experience with biospecimen protocols/IITs preferred
- Strong organization skills #LIPOST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top