Research Lab Manager
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are a group of physicians and scientists in the Molecular Pharmacology Program at the Sloan Kettering Institute and Department of Pediatrics at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. We carry out research in cancer biology and pediatric oncology, and our current work is focused on the phenomenon of cellular plasticity, as it relates both to the fundamental mechanisms of cancer pathogenesis and emerging rational therapies.
We are seeking a Lab Manager to join our team!
In this position, you will lead and conduct laboratory activities including performing experiments and analyzing data, maintaining supply inventory and experimental apparatus, and working with other lab members.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory experiments, which may be moderate to complex with growing independence.
- Record data and perform basic analyses using mathematical and statistical modeling.
- Assist in the maintenance of mouse colonies.
- Help to prepare presentations and written articles for publication.
- Prepare laboratory reagents, chemicals, instruments, and maintain equipment.
- Maintain supplies inventory in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM
- Minimum 3-years experience in a biological lab research
- Ability to compose written correspondence and to present information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to communicate, explain, interpret, share and present information
- Ability to set priorities among several tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain all research information
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite
- Hands-on experience with the breeding of genetically-engineered mice, mouse husbandry and procedures; mammalian tissue culture and procedures, and analytical experiments in molecular and cell biology.
- Prior experience in laboratory management is a plus.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter addressed to Dr. Alex Kentsis explaining your interest. NO APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL BE REVIEWED
In your letter, please include:
Specific questions you have about the lab that you would expect to learn by working here.
Short-term and long-term career goals, how this position would advance them.
Your accomplishments in your current position and reasons for seeking change.
How you are prepared to excel in the specific responsibilities of this position.
Please visit http://alexkentsis.net/prior to preparing your cover letter.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Meet Some of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's Employees
Miguel B.Lead Software Engineer
Miguel provides insight on the data collected from all cancer research, ensuring every product in the hospital is backed by data science.
Back to top