Research Development Manager
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Grants and Contracts group of the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA) is seeking a confident and motivated Research Development Manager to join their team.
Are you passionate about uncovering exciting funding opportunities for your investigators? Does your faculty consider you the ‘Grant Guru’ and seek your guidance with grant submissions? Are you someone who loves to develop strategies? Are you energized by presenting information to stakeholders and educating the research community about grants? If you answered yes to these questions, this position might be for you.
Our Grants and Contracts group leads the pre-award administration of research grants and contracts funded by federal, state, and private agencies.
As the Research Development Manager, you will:
- Develop positive relationships with MSK investigators and researchers, and identify and prospect exciting funding opportunities on their behalf.
- Cultivate effective grants submission strategies that lead to successful awards.
- Partner with faculty and research teams to identify unique funding sources.
- Engage in proposal development activities, interpret and explain funding agency and institutional requirements, and provide review and editing assistance, as well as training and outreach to the Center community.
- An authority on pre-award grant submission process.
- Eager to understand what interests and drives your client investigators and seek opportunities that are a match.
- Self-motivated, willing to take action with demonstrated ability to establish relationships, prioritize and multi-task on parallel projects
- Seen as the “go-to” person and easily gain the trust and respect of your client group.
- Able to adapt to ambiguous situations and produce results.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your opinion and priorities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or similar fields, Master's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years experience in a research administration office, preferably in basic and translational research.
- Ability to independently apply a broad range of technical and specialized knowledge and significant job-related experience to handle complex work assignments.
- Experience with the development/submission of research grants, and with reading and interpreting funding opportunities. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top