Regional Clinical Nurse - (Occupational Health RN)-Employee Health and Wellness Service
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Regional Clinical Nurse - (Occupational Health RN)-Employee Health and Wellness Service -Covering our Long Island campuses
Employee Health & Wellness Services (EH&WS) at MSKCC offers evaluation and treatment for work-related illness and injuries, return to work evaluations, an Employee Absence Management Program, the Employee Wellness Program, as well as OSHA, New York State and City, and Center mandated medical surveillance programs that include testing and immunizations.
• A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
• Able to work effectively in a fast pace and complex environment
• Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
• Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
• Able to demonstrate initiative and is goal oriented to complete tasks independently and also as a team
• In addition to working at our Long Island regional network (3 sites) you will be asked to come to our NYC location for monthly meetings.
• Work with other members of the healthcare team in an ambulatory care setting and provide care to employees of MSKCC
• Assess employee health needs, provide health care consultation and education
• Administer vaccinations and tuberculosis skin tests and other mandatory testing
• Participate in the planning, developing and implementing health/prevention programs
• Monitor employee surveillance for infectious diseases
• Work towards obtaining certification in Occupational Health Nursing
• Current New York State licenses/registrations required
•Venipuncture/blood draw skills necessary
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience, occupational health experience highly desirable.
•Excellent communication and computer skills required
EH&WS Hours of Operation: 10 hour shift flex between 8:00am - 6:00pm (Monday - Friday)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top