Quality Management Nurse
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Quality Management Nurse RN (BSN)
Nursing Quality Management provides direction and guidance to the Department of Nursing in its continual strive towards a high reliability organization. Nursing Quality Management takes the lead in key nursing initiatives, including the implementation and enculturation of our professional practice model, Relationship Based Care, and supporting our institutional pursuit in maintaining Magnet Status.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- In a multidisciplinary environment, function as professional nurse supporting institutional and department quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in nursing care
- As a member of Nursing Quality Management team, partner with front line nursing staff, Nurse Leadership, Infection Control, the Department of Quality and Safety and other ancillary departments that collaborate in providing nursing care to monitor, analyze and report Nurse Sensitive Indicators; facilitate patient safety and performance improvement to ensure quality patient care outcomes across the patient care continuum.
- Collaborate with and support nursing staff on quality initiatives across the continuum including the expanding outpatient and regional network.
- Support the Department of Nursing's pursuit of Magnet and Hospital re-accreditation processes, including Joint Commission and Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT).
- New York State RN license and BSN
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing, quality or regulatory experience required
2-5 years of oncology experience highly preferred
- Related national certification required
- Strong computer knowledge highly preferred
Hours: Flexible schedule, 8 or 10 hours day shift
Please note- this is not a management role
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top