Quality Control Supervisor, Gene Transfer Core Facility
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Gene Transfer Facility quality system ensures compliance of the facility with cGMP and governs manufacturing and testing requires excellent data management to allow traceability and analysis. This is a prerequisite for auditing, addressing non-conformance and quality improvement. Data analysis and correlative studies also contribute to the quality improvement approach by laying the cornerstone for assay revision and implementation of new technologies.
The QC Supervisor is responsible for planning QC activities in the CTCEF lab including developing new assays, SOPS, preparing data reports, infusion, and validation. The role is responsible for the direct management and supervision of QC technicians in the lab.
- Direct supervision and Staff Management of CTCEF QC Technicians
- Organizes routine QC bench works
- Liaise with project manager to coordinates the development of new QC assays
- Attends research development and project management meetings
- Elaborate a plan to develop new assays (time and material)
- Support the Testing and Analytical Manager to verify the completion of MPCR QC log, issue Cellular products certificate of analysis, and troubleshoot assay failure
- Prepare validation reports for new assays
- Write SOP for new assays
- Master’s degree in Science with 4-7 years of experience in a clinical laboratory or in a controlled therapeutic manufacturing environments is highly preferred
- PhD is desirable
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top