Postdoctoral Fellow, Machine Learning in Cancer Research
- New York, NY
Do you want to work on intellectually challenging problems that can help improve cancer care? Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate, interested in machine learning applied to medical problems, for an NIH-funded position as a postdoctoral fellow. This position will focus on machine learning-based modeling of outcomes using genetic information, but will also provide opportunities to work on emerging problems of interest in cancer research.
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD degree in bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics, statistics, physics or a related field
- An interest in biological problems
- Experience in predictive modeling using machine learning techniques
- Track record of research and publications
- Experience in analyzing large data sets, be proficient in at least one of the statistical programming languages R/Matlab/Python and have experience working on Unix/Linux systems and basic shell scripting
Experience in bioinformatics would be advantageous, but is not necessary.
Please include CV and letter outlining your interest as well as names/contact information of two references. Any questions can be directed to:
Jung Hun Oh, PhD, Assistant Attending Computer Scientist, Service for Predictive Informatics, Department of Medical Physics. email@example.com
Back to top