At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
In this position you will be contributing to the design, development, optimization and implementation of bioconjugation techniques and related processes predominantly involving antibodies, other proteins and nucleic acids. The goal is to expand and improve the capabilities of digital pathology by improving and facilitating multiplexed tissue imaging techniques.
- Responsible for planning and synthesizing bioconjugates using established chemistries (lysine, endogenous cysteine, site specific/click-chemistry)
- Enthusiastic about contributing to the development of new bioconjugation techniques
- Able to purify conjugates using relevant techniques (affinity purifications, size exclusion chromatography, ion-exchange)
- Capable of characterizing bioconjugates using multiple modalities (UV/Vis- Nanodrop, HPLC, MS, SDS-PAGE)
- Capable of learning basic microscopy skills to test bioconjugate functionality
- Enthusiastic about working in an inter-disciplinary environment with biologists
- Interested in improving the capabilities of next-generation immunohistochemistry techniques and platforms as it relates to digital pathology
- Capable of working closely with computational biologists, data scientists and image scientists
- Adept at working independently to perform lab experiments
- Organized and diligent with time management and deadlines
- Creative in proposing new methods, techniques or approaches
- Capable of writing data briefings and summaries on projects
- Enthusiastic to train others to perform developed protocols
- Diligent in maintaining clear and current records of all work
To be considered for a Bioconjugation Research Scientist position, you need:
- A MS (2+ yrs relevant experience) or Ph.D. (1-5 yrs relevant experience) in protein chemistry, biochemistry, chemistry, or related discipline
- Experience with protein chemistry, purification, and characterization
- Experience with protein analytics
- Meticulous data documentation and organizational skills
- Experience giving presentations to small audiences
- To be fluent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience documenting, organizing, and tracking multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.