Pharmacy Tech II-Evening-
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about playing a meaningful role in the fight to conquer cancer? Does the opportunity to work alongside clinicians who are internally and externally recognized as leaders in multiple fields interest you?
The mission of the Division of Pharmacy Services parallels the ultimate purpose of the health center: "Leadership in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of cancer and associated diseases through excellence, vision and cost-effectiveness in patient care, outreach programs, research and education". As a support service of the hospital, our primary existence and function are based on a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care in all phases of development (geriatric, adult and pediatric), with dedication and concern. The professional staff as well as the technical/support staff performs with the highest regard for the patients they serve by constantly considering cost-containment once therapeutic effectiveness and safety is established.
The Pharmacy Department at MSK utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. We provide comprehensive, clinical and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model.
We are currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician Inpatient--Evening at MSK's Main Campus Location
- Someone who readily take on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Able to handle and manage crises effectively.
- Known to deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Able to follow through on commitments and act with a clear sense of ownership.
- Resourceful and make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- Perform Inventory management (ordering, receiving, stocking).
- Complete annual competency assessments.
- Triage phone calls with courtesy and promptness and refer to pharmacist when applicable.
- Maintain pharmacy files and records.
- Demonstrate proficiency with applicable pharmacy equipment, systems and technology.
- Assist with pharmacy inspections.
- Adhere to State and Federal regulations and Pharmacy Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You need: HS Diploma/GED with 2+ years of clinic/hospital experience preferred.
- PTCB or NHA Technician Certification (CPhT) required.
- Omnicell experience is beneficial.
- Hours are 3:30-11:30 and every other weekend .
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top