Per Diem Occupational Therapist (New York)
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you an OT with adult therapy experience in an acute care and/or outpatient setting? Are you looking for per diem opportunities with a world-class rehabilitation team?
MSK is seeking to hire licensed per diem OTs with experience working with adult patients in either an acute care and/or outpatient setting to join our exceptional teams at our NYC sites as well as as our Long Island Regional sites which include MSK Nassau (Uniondale, NY), MSK Commack.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and reassessments of rehabilitative needs. Based on assessment findings, develop individualized patient goals and treatment plans.
- Provide quality occupational therapy services to adult patients utilizing evidenced-based therapeutic interventions in addition to creative and patient specific treatment techniques
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members, including the patient and their family, to ensure optimal patient care
- Document all clinical activities, complete forms, and maintain statistical records per department guidelines/format
- Engage in projects and/or activities to maintain and advance professional competency.
- Flexible with strong time management/organizational skills
- Effective in verbal and written communication including computer skills
- Detail and team oriented
- Invested in mentorship both in learning and sharing of clinical knowledge
- New York State OT license required
- Master's in OT preferred
- Acute care, outpatient and/or Oncology experience preferred
- Ability to provide coverage at any of our NY locations in NYC or Long Island.
- Ability to complete orientation in NYC (Midtown Manhattan) #L
Please submit a cover letter with your resume indicating which NY sites you are interested in: NYC, MSK Nassau (Uniondale, NY), MSK Commack.
Schedule: Hours may vary from 7:45am-7:00pm, flexibility to work Monday-Sunday
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top