Patient Service Coordinator, Pediatrics
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Patient Service Coordinator is a liaison for patient-based services in pediatrics and administers parking and housing programs. He / She will maintain communication with patient families, clinicians and psychosocial support staff, triaging and coordinating housing arrangements. The Patient Service Coordinator reconciles records, financial approval and billing processes.
- Able to effectively communicate with multiple healthcare disciplines (physicians, nurses, social workers, etc.)
- Able to interact with acutely ill pediatric patients in a high stress environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks, personnel and patients simultaneously and respond to issues requiring immediate resolution, timely and appropriately
- Serve as primary resource for the coordination of parking and financial assistance programs for patients
- Assign and coordinate housing reservations, per defined medical and psychosocial criteria.
- Collaborate with hotel management and staff to ensure patient needs are being met and hotel reservations are appropriately booked. Maintains active and timely recording and reporting tools.
- Create and maintain multiple communication mechanisms to introduce, promote, and/or inform patients and families of daily routines, unique services, educational materials, programs, and events.
- Assist the Program Manager with coordination of programming and special events for patients and families
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- 1 year fast paced office environment, preferably in clinical setting, project management, finance/budget tracking, direct client interaction/communication
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail; prior demonstrated experience with ability to ascertain medical needs of patient based on quality interactions with different members of the medical teams, patients, and families #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top