At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
We are seeking a skilled Patient Care Technician to work in MSK Monmouth, New Jersey. As a part of the Magnet-designated Nursing team, you will provide essential support to the nursing staff at MSK, while working to ensure comfort for our patients. This job offers the opportunity to find meaningful work where everyone plays an essential role in improving the overall patient experience.
We want you to join the fight to conquer cancer.
- Work in ambulatory Outpatient setting
- Go above and beyond to assist our patients in a timely, efficient and courteous manner
- Handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations with grace
- Be responsible for taking patient vital signs, Phlebotomy, EKGs, and specimen collections
- Utilize technology to monitor patients to prevent falls and transport patients between units
- Collaborate with the clinical team, aiding with procedures where needed
- Work under the supervision of a Clinical Nurse
- Utilize basic computer and data entry skills
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing your conversations based on that understanding
- Excited to work as part of a caregiving, patient-centered team, capable of building strong relationships and delivering patient-centric solutions
- A problem-solver, taking the initiative in new situations and tackle tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared goals and objectives
- A quick learner, with the ability to apply insights from past efforts to new situations
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- A High School diploma or equivalent education
- Certification from an accredited Patient Care Technician or Nursing Assistant (required)
- At least one year of patient care experience, preferably in an acute care setting (required)
- Experience with phlebotomy required
- Two years of patient care and customer service experience preferred
- Shifts: Four days x 10 hours (8 am- 6 pm) flex schedule Monday- Saturday
- This position requires float to all MSK NJ Regional Locations, if necessary.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.