Patient Care Technician - Main Campus, Pre Surgical Center
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Patient Care Technician ensures the care, comfort and satisfaction of our patients and their families by using clinical knowledge, clinical skills and communication skills to assist in resolving any patient care related issues while working in close collaboration with entire clinical team and under the supervision of a Clinical Nurse. These duties include ensuring that patients and family members are assisted in a timely, efficient and courteous manner, basic computer skills are required and the ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations. Successful applicants must possess strong ADL skills, excellent communication skills, take an analytical approach to problem solving; enjoy working as part of a team, and exhibit initiative.
We are seeking a skilled Patient Care Technician to join our company of dedicated professionals. As a part of the Magnet- designated Nursing team, you will provide essential support to the nursing staff at MSK, while working to ensure comfort for our patients. This is your opportunity to find meaningful work where everyone plays an important role in improving the overall patient experience.
We want you to join the fight to conquer cancer.
Patient Care Technician - Main Campus Pre Surgical Center
- Go above and beyond to assist our patients in a timely, efficient and courteous manner
- Handle acutely ill patients in `stressful situations with grace
- Be responsible for taking patient vital signs, Phlebotomy, EKGs, and specimen collections
- Collaborate with the clinical team, providing assistance with procedures where needed
- Work under the supervision of a Clinical Nurse
- Utilize basic computer and data entry skills
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing your conversations based on that understanding
- Excited to work as part of a care-giving, patient-centered team, capable of building strong relationships and delivering patient-centric solutions
- A problem-solver, eager to take initiative in new situations and tackle tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared goals and objectives
- A quick learner, with the ability to apply insights from past efforts to new situations
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- A High School diploma or equivalent education
- At least 1 year of patient care and venipuncture experience (required)
- 5 years of patient care, customer service and leadership experience (preferred)
- Certification from an accredited Nursing Assistant or comparable training program (required)
- Fulltime - 8 hours flexed between 10:00am and 8:00pm Monday through Friday with weekend rotation.
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Enticing Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Individual mentoring and professional development support
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top