- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
When you join us as an Office Coordinator, you will find meaningful work and become part of a team where everyone plays a significant role in the fight against cancer. Making a difference in the lives of others. This is a life’s calling.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how to best reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at crafting partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Use your strong customer service and multi-tasking abilities to support a practice by providing administrative support to the clinical team.
- Ensure patients are assisted in a timely and friendly manner by functioning as the primary contact for the practice where you are responsible for scheduling patients’ tests, appointments, and procedures.
- Update and maintain the electronic medical records (EMR), coordinate with clinical staff, and submit information to payers for pre-certification approvals.
- A high school diploma/GED plus two years of relevant experience OR Bachelor's degree plus one year of experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an administrative role strongly preferred. Experience working with patients is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations
- Ability to provide at least a 2-year commitment
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top