MSK Direct, Head of Business Development & Partnerships
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you interested in being part of the mission to cure cancer? If so, MSK has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Director, Business Development & Partnerships to join the MSK Direct Team! Through MSK Direct, we partner with employers and unions to bring our expertise to their employees, no matter where they live.
- An inspirational leader, skilled at painting a compelling picture of our strategy and vision that motivates others to action.
- A cultivator of innovation who builds and fosters new ways for the organization to be successful.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- A strategic leader with a growth mindset and a global perspective, that creates vision and purpose.
Team Leadership and Collaboration:
- Provide vision and mentorship, demonstrating expertise, creativity, flexibility, and insight.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Marketing and Communications, Finance and Operations on pricing strategy, program positioning and communication, and clinical and non-clinical operations
- Contribute to defining, and deliver on business development and relationship management goals and metrics for team
- Drive the strategic vision and execution of the MSK Direct program through product innovation and partner acquisition. Moving easily between high-level strategy creation and more tactical delivery.
- Identify prospective partners, including employers, unions and others in the healthcare ecosystem
- Initiate and build relationships with prospects
- Lead end to end implementation of new partnerships, negotiating terms that deliver value to patients, partners and MSK
Relationship Management and Engagement:
- Directly manage a portfolio of partners
- Cultivate relationships with all existing partners and ensure MSK is delivering value to our partners and their covered lives
- Continuously build awareness and engagement of MSK programs
- The ability to lead and navigate through complexity and ambiguity, experienced with selling something for which there is no precedence.
- Independent critical thinking and business insight with an emphasis on analytics and strategy to support opportunity identification and evaluation, negotiations and decision-making
- Track record of direct leadership, successfully attracting, motivating and inspiring a team
- An urgency and relentless energy to improve and innovate, navigating through uncharted territory
- A minimum of ten years of experience in business development, partnerships, relationship management
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem and employer benefits
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to establish credibility and trust with internal and external partners, including at the executive level. This includes excellent verbal and written presentation and influence skills
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability |
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top