Manager, Parking Operations
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you a strong leader known for your dedication and diligence? Passionate about planning and love to develop others in their career paths?
Looking to take on a new opportunity at MSK to demonstrate your skills in parking operations management? This could be the role for you.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, Customer-Service oriented, and compassionate leader to join the team as Manager, Parking Operations.
Currently recruiting for the David H. Koch Center, a beautiful new building on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, opening in 2019.
As manager you will supervises the day-to-day operational activities and be responsible for the financial soundness and administrative tasks for the MSKCC Parking Programs services which currently includes the MSKCC Parking Garage to include Bicycle Permit Parking, Coupon Parking Program and Clinical Fellow Monthly Parking. You will assure courteous and efficient delivery of these services to parking customers and maintains these areas of operation in a business-like manner compliant with Center policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and ensures the smooth and efficient operation for all Center parking; effectively resolves all parking issues/problems. The MSKCC garage employees 25 full time Parking Attendants and 5 Parking Supervisors, handles traffic in excess of 550 vehicles per day and generates approximately $2.5 million dollars in gross revenue.
- Assure that the parking operation maintains a high level of service, courteousness and sensitivity towards all customers, the majority of which are patients, their families and visitors.
- Oversee schedules prepared by Parking Supervisors for all parking staff that meet the demand of garage traffic needs; will make adjustments as required to assure coverage and operational needs.
- Ensure that all vehicles are cleaned, maintained, operational, appropriately inspected and registered.
- Assure sensitive and responsive employee interaction with all Parking customers through employee training, meetings and guidance.
- Assess potential employees against required skills, job requirements and needs of the department.
- Continuously monitors individual staff performance to assure the service needs of parking customers are delivered in a professional manner and in keeping with accepted business principles and Center policy and procedures
Is your background a fit?
- Driver’s license required
- High school diploma required
- 2-4 years in the parking industry or other service-oriented business operation with direct supervisory responsibilities
- Experience in transportation functions
- Management in a hospital environment preferred
- Clerical skills to complete written records, make financial reports, and document activities
- Ability to work with, direct and supervise activities of others
- Ability to plan, schedule, implement, and follow through on dept. activities
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top