Manager, Clinical Research Budget Analysis
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Clinical Research Budget Analysis to oversee and manage central clinical research budget.
You will lead all aspects of the day to day activities of the Clinical Research (CR) Finance, Budget and Analysis sub-unit, to ensure an efficient and appropriate budget development and negotiation workflow. You will also serve as liaison among faculty, department leadership, and sponsors, promoting a customer service and compliance centric environment.
You report to the Associate Director, Budget and Billing Compliance, in the CR Finance unit of the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA).
What will you do:
• Oversees the development and negotiations of clinical research budgets with sponsors for new studies, amendments,
feasibility studies, and letters of intent.
• Provides operational support to the Budget and Billing Compliance teams. Ensures all clinical research finance activity
is of the highest quality and completed in compliance with relevant MSK, federal and sponsor.
• In collaboration with the Associate Director oversees and ensures effective collaboration between the department,
research staff, Principal Investigators and CR Finance.
• Collaborates with Clinical Research IT as appropriate to develop effective and efficient tools and means of sharing,
distributing and communicating information on existing and new clinical research budgets and coverage analysis.
• Participates in internal audits and monitoring; performs internal review of Budget Analyst’s work processes to monitor
and recommend changes to improve compliance and efficiency.
• Plans, develops and implements or participates in assigned projects with department and/or institutional impact;
develops and sustains project flows and timelines.
• Partners with divisional leadership, faculty, administrative and clinical management staff to implement new
programmatic initiatives for pre-award budget development.
Who are you:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Clinical Research and/or Healthcare required; Master's Degree
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience is required.
• 4-7 years clinical research experience
• Knowledge of clinical research financial management and oversight
• Experience in budget development and oversight, clinical trials agreements, invoicing, and fiscal management.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) and/or start the process with a tech assessment, max 1 hr online -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top