Manager, Biomedical Systems
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Manager, Biomedical Systems manages new and evolving technologies and their integrations supporting the medical equipment devices and overall medical equipment management program. This position is responsible but not limited to the testing and evaluation of technologies and technical issues such as cybersecurity, RFID / RTLS, as well as the integration and development of clinical applications, such as the institutional asset archive and database. This position is responsible to support all regulatory and operational functions, such as inventory management including planning, receiving, deployment, and documentation. Equipment may include clinical, radiological therapy, high energy devices, surgical system devices and supporting integrations. Supervises the work of engineers, technicians, external third party resources and orients and trains employees in job duties and use of equipment. This role will participate in the development and implementation of departmental and institutional biomedical technology goals and objectives, and interface with other biomedical engineering teams, physicians, scientists, medical and administrative staff in clinical and research programs and projects.
- Inspects, repairs, calibrates, and maintains biomedical equipment systems.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on a wide variety of biomedical equipment.
- Plans, tests, evaluates and installs new equipment systems.
- Coordinates, directs, and supervises the work activities of biomedical technicians and staff engineering specialists.
- Communicates knowledge of biomedical equipment technologies to staff and coworkers to improve equipment operation and services.
- Implements suggestions for modification and changes to equipment or systems in conjunction with manufacturer’s input and needs of medical staff to enhance the performance, reliability, functionality and safety.
- Documents and records information on equipment service/repair in a computer database; generates reports as requested by supervisor.
- Performs medical device cybersecurity assessments and maintains documentation for equipment/systems.
- Masters degree in Biomedical engineering or related field
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of QC testing and maintenance of imaging and robotic equipment.
- Experience in the following areas: surgical engineering, computers/electronics design, information management, teleconferencing, streaming digital video, image archiving, voice recognition robotic, MPEG video compression, biomedical/surgical facility design and planning #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top