- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician at our Scholar's (1233 York Avenue) location. This is a meaningful role at our main hospital campus since you will be a vital memeber of our organization and team. Come join us!
- Perform daily safety/maintenance inspections of all the mechanical plants, equipment and building systems within each assigned property, makes necessary adjustments, records your findings, and arranges to have any vital repair and replacement work completed.
- Performs and /or monitor contractors performing the preventive maintenance within the mechanical plants, residential apartments, and office spaces to include electrical, plumbing, and. HVAC systems.
- Completes residential maintenance requests to include, but not limited to carpentry repairs, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, and HVAC repairs.
- Actively maintains inventory to ensure that you has the vital supplies to perform the duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to tools, raw materials, and consumables supplies.
- Responds to emergency situations during normal business hours and while performing On-call duty.
- Troubleshoot commercial HVAC systems to include cooling towers, and chiller systems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 2 years of experience in basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical skills to include preventive maintenance, diagnoses and repairs.
- Basic building systems experience to include, but not limited to HVAC (Building Chillers, Air Handlers, Roof Exhaust Fans, PTAC’s, window a.c, heat-pumps, a.c. etc) Fire Alarms, and domestic water.
- Proficient in basic digital literacy, ability to use MS word Excel
Monday to Friday 8am -4pm every 3rd weekend
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top