At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
- Committed to high standards of efficiency.
- Motivated to provide outstanding customer service.
- Action oriented and eager to seek new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with shown success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with interpersonal goals
- Supply Ordering – take inventory and order supplies to maintain par levels in all assigned supply areas per established schedule:
- Counts supplies in assigned supply areas, item by item, and notes quantities needed to bring items up to par level.
- Orders additional supplies as requested by outpatient leadership team
- Anticipates and avoids problems/issues by ordering out of stock and depleted items as soon as possible.
- Identify overstocked items and work with logistics team to back fill other areas as necessary
- Identify fast paced items and supervise them closely
- Supply Distribution – Delivers and stores supplies in appropriate location per department guidelines within established time frames.
- Distribute & store items in appropriate locations
- Facility Maintenance & Operation – Assist with the overall maintenance of the facility. Ensure that all areas are maintained in a safe, attractive and appropriate manner that is consistent with the standards of the facility and institution.
- Participate in regular environment rounds of each suite/service to ensure that the physical appearance and safety of the environment are being maintained in accordance with Institutional standards.
- Equipment Maintenance – ensure availability of operational equipment in all outpatient areas
- Ensure availability of equipment required to carry out area’s operations by adequately assessing and appropriately meeting needs within fiscal guidelines.
- Meet with clinical and admin staff to resolve needs for medical equipment
- Facilitate timely repair of scopes; follow Institutional repair/return processes and maintains up to date documentation.
- GED/HS Diploma
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to walk and push heavy carts
- Standing for long periods of time
Work Hours - Monday - Friday, 10AM - 6PM.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.