Laboratory Technologist III - Cell Therapy
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
It's an exciting time for our Laboratory Medicine department as Memorial Sloan Kettering has moved to a new state-of-the-art laboratory medicine facility on East 64th Street between First and Second Avenues. The new Laboratory Medicine Building will maximize operational efficiency, allowing the Laboratory Medicine team to provide test results faster and reduce the amount of blood needed from a patient to generate those results. For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
We're taking bold steps to redefine what's possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
We are currently seeking experienced Lab Technologist III within our Cellular Therapy Department.
- Perform processing of Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell products using aseptic technique and perform technical duties in all laboratory sections, with minimal supervision.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files
- Assures the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory's Standard Operating Procedures. Performs routine and advanced equipment maintenance
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assures a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
- Maintain adequate inventories of reagents and supplies.
- Manage the laboratory's physical environment following New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA, and CLIA regulations
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned
- perform and maintain competency in the technical and related work of the Cellular Immunology Laboratory
- Perform Lymphocyte Transformation Assay, Natural Killer Cell Assay, and routine Flow Cytometric Immunophenotyping.
- Bachelor's degree (Medical Technology, Biology, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences) required
- An NYS State Clinical Lab Technician certificate, Lab Technologist license, or a restricted license in Molecular. Lab professionals will have a New York license
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, with rotating weekends and holidays
- Various shifts available
***$4,000 Sign-On Bonus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top