Laboratory Technologist III - Basking Ridge
- Basking Ridge, NJ
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We're taking bold steps to redefine what's possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the Department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to develop further the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
As the need for laboratory medicine services grows across MSK, we are thrilled to announce our need for a Lab Technologist III at our Basking Ridge location critical part of our Laboratory Medicine offerings. This professional should be a generalist.
For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
- Plan, organize, and supervise the day to day work of laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures, including planning laboratory work, evaluating work performed, and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems to meet the needs of the clinical staff and patients.
- Monitor Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Safety, and Inspection Control practices assuring compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Ensure smooth workflow and demonstrate decision-making abilities in all aspects of performance in support of the Department.
- Bachelor's degree (Biology, Chemistry, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences) required, as is 6+ years of relevant experience (preferably including supervisory experience)
- Previous experience in a generalist role required.
- NY/NJ State Clinical Labs license required
- ASCP certification preferred
- Strong Hematology skills a plus
Hours: Evening, flexible
***$4000 sign on bonus for new employees
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top