Laboratory Technologist II - Chemistry and Mass Spectrometry
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Perform technical duties in the Mass Spectrometry laboratory sections, with minimal supervision, as assigned.
- Prepare biological samples for analysis and operate a variety of mass spectrometers (MALDI-TOF, QTOF, triple quadrupole).
- Assist in the development and validation of mass spectrometry assays for various protein/peptide analytes.
- Review test orders and verify accuracy of corresponding specimens.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files in accordance with New York State Department of Health and CLIA regulations.
- Prepare results for analysis, interpret the results and enter test results into the computer, with minimal supervision.
- Contribute to upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assure a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform Mass Spectrometry equipment maintenance.
- Stay up to date with literature and technical publications related to LC-MS analysis.
- Manage the physical environment of the laboratory in accordance with New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations.
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on the mass spectrometer laboratory procedures, as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Lab Sciences or Medical Technology preferred
- Masters Degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or a related field preferred
- 2-3 + years of laboratory experience required
- A current New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist or Limited Molecular Mass Spectrometry License preferred or eligible to obtain
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top