Lab Technologist III - Sign-On Bonus
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Perform technical duties in all laboratory sections, with minimal supervision, as assigned.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files.
- Prepare results for analysis and enter test results into the computer, with minimal supervision.
- Create neat, accurate, well-formatted documents.
- Contribute to upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assure a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform daily equipment maintenance, as well as cytometer linearity, compensation, and standardization.
- Manage the physical environment of the laboratory in accordance with New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned.
- Perform supervisory duties as necessary, such as STAT result review, oversight of workflow, and assay development.
- Monitor Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Safety and Inspection Control practices to assure compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Ensure smooth workflow, and demonstrate decision-making abilities in all aspects of performance in support of the Department.
- A current New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License
- A Bachelors degree (Masters or greater preferred).
- 6+ years of clinical laboratory experience (4+ years required with a relevant Masters).
- 4+ years of recent flow cytometry experience (can overlap with clinical lab experience).
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday through Friday with weekend and holiday rotation
- Hours will fall between 4pm-12am
***$4000 sign on bonus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Meet Some of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's Employees
Miguel B.Lead Software Engineer
Miguel provides insight on the data collected from all cancer research, ensuring every product in the hospital is backed by data science.
Back to top